Thursday, May 14, 2009

Accoutrements is the best word ever.


I realized that last post was kind of creepy and not at all fashiony although Asbestos on some sort of greenish blue chunk of insulation is very post-modern art exhibit. Oh fun! And all of the patrons would have to wear masks! Tres chic. One more reason I belong in New York. In Kentucky they would call the National Guard and hit me on the calves with switches. I realize I shouldn't talk shit about KY because alot of people love it, including my friends, and heritage and roots and horses and what-not. *Any one objecting can take their Louisvlle Sluggar and shove it.

In two hours I will be touring my prospective abode. I'm dragging Claire along as she is the bestie with design capabilities dripping out her nose. She is also equally persnickity and understands my weird obession with living alone so she will be a perfect confidant in this endeavor. I'm not expecting the place to be delectable. I'm going to try really hard to go in there with the vision of it is a blank canvas and work from there. As long at there's good light and its not falling apart, I'm sold. The idea of living alone with an extra room for design studio/knick nacks/baskets of kittens is just about enough.

I just want a place with mis-matching china and coffee smells and wispy fabrics and image boards and big sketches that I buy off my stupidly talented friends. Oh and fresh vegetables with weird names. And a handsome boy in a panama hat. Oh...ummmm?

The above image from Lobster and Swan is pretty much what I expect my life to look like. Some how I stumbled upon her blog a while back and I check it every day like a the days I used to check face-book to check for pokes. Seriously. I've newly ventured into the blog world and I am already OBSESSED with the whole realm.

No comments: