Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"I wouldn't want to be a part of any club that would have me for a member."




I'm dreaming more and more about New York, lately. Friends from NYU coming in to town to visit, watching Woody Allen movies like it's my job, finding more and more designers to die for from the big apple. I think alot of the allure is that I could be alone there without ever feeling alone. Oh and the kind of smug, aloofness that I attribute to the city especially. The West Coast is great but the snobbery just doesn't ring as hard. They're forgiving. They rollerblade for godsake. I've always had a penchant for holier-than-thou attitudes. Blame the mother.

I realize I sound incredibly ignorant when pinning those sole characteristics to NYC but, I'm no dummy, I realize there's more. The never ending art scene. The audacity of fashion. The scholarly attitude. The grit. The rock and roll. The cafes.

Now the kicker. The last time I was there I was 2 years old! Unless peeing on your way to Canada counts. Yeah. So what do I know, right?



Disclaimer: I love the West Coast; I'm leaving for it in a week and will probably spend several years there post college. Just proving a point, kiddies.

No comments: