Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Are you gassing me?

Linda, my work-mama and one of the loveliest women on the planet just leaned over me, kissed me on the noggin and whispered
"Where else would you work where they love you this much?" With a mouthful of delicious left over spinach, mushroom, and feta calzone from another beloved co-worker I globbled (faux verbs are the best verbs!) " I KNOoOow!"

I had always envisioned being a barista, the word just sounds glamorous. I figured I'd meet my choppy haired musician boyfriend while serving him a soy latte and we'd trapse around the world incredibly altering people's lives. But I work in the groundfloor of a library reading blogs, sometimes making copies, and creating cute little color schemes for bulletin boards. And they pay me to do it! After almost five months of working here, I can't imagine somewhere I'd rather be. And hey, I'm almost a librarian right? Here I am Jim James...

Apartment shopping is incredibly stressful and I haven't actually, physically, gone to look at any yet. Just ads online and what not. Hopefully today I can drag my buddy J.P. around town and seek out a delicious studio or bungalow that I can secure but not start living in/paying for until late August. Yeah...I know.

Looking for something sunny and spacious and gorgeous. Doubt thats what I'll find with all of my stipulations in towe...but I'm willing to compromise and do alot of sprucing up! Now to figure out how to cajole a certain ex-boyfriend into giving me the vintage dancing Shiva drinking glasses I bought us....hmmm...

Read about this new Prada addition at Nylon. I can't bring myself to really enjoy any of the classic Chanel fragrances. Believe me, I want to like them, but they always smell, well, stuffy! Maybe Prada will be a little different and I no longer have to threaten my haute sensibilities.

Also, I am officially hopelessly in love with Raphael Haroche. I stumbled upon him on someone else's blog (don't remember who) and I can't stop watching the "Caravane" video. I don't even need to know what he's saying, this music just makes me feel so feminine and mystic and flowery and voyeuristic and mmmmmmmm!




<

No comments: